This Patriotic Poke Cake made with white cake mix, blue gelatin, Lucky Leaf Premium Cherry Fruit Filling or Topping and whipped topping is the perfect red, white, and blue dessert for your Memorial Day celebration. It’s fun, festive and delicious, and a great cake recipe to make with the kids!
Ready to get your patriotism on this Memorial Day?
I am proud to be partnering with Lucky Leaf to bring you this sponsored Post. As always, all opinions are 100% my own.
I sure am!
It will be easy, too with this colorful and easy poke cake.
This dessert is probably one of THE easiest you can make for Memorial Day!
Using a box of white cake mix, some blue gelatin, Lucky Leaf Premium Cherry Fruit Filling or Topping and a tub of whipped topping, you’ve got a cake that will WOW everyone when you slice into it.
And aren’t themed celebrations more fun when the cake is colorful?
SAVE THIS EASY RED, WHITE, AND BLUE CAKE RECIPE TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!
This will be fun to make with the kids, too!
They can mix the ingredients for the cake, poke the holes into it, spread the Lucky Leaf Premium Cherry Fruit Filling or Topping and decorate it with sprinkles.
I know I loved doing that all that as a kid.
Or, if you don’t have any youngin’s on hand, perhaps making this colorful cake with bring out the kid in you!
- A box of white cake mix or you can make it from scratch.
- egg whites
- vegetable or canola oil
- blue gelatin –
Berry blue or blue raspberry gelatin work well and will give you a bright blue color that’s really pretty.
- boiling water
- 2 cans of Lucky Leaf Premium Cherry Fruit Filling or Topping
Use two cans! I’ve made this recipe with one can, but two is definitely better because ALL the cherries!!
- whipped Topping to save time OR you can use my recipe for stabilized whipped cream.
- red, white, and blue sprinkles, of course!
Be sure to add more color and fun to the top of the cake, too.
How do I make this poke cake?
- Preheat the oven to 350°F, and prepare a 9 X 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Mix together the cake mix, water, egg whites, and vegetable oil. Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 23-28 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Place the cake on a wire rack to cool for at least 20 minutes before continuing.
- With the handle of a wooden spoon or another similar utensil, poke holes into the cake about 1-inch apart.
- In a liquid measuring cup, mix the boiling water with the blue gelatin and stir until it’s completely dissolved. Gently pour or spoon over the cake. Put the cake into the refrigerator to set for at least two hours.
- Cover the cake with the two cans of Lucky Leaf Premium Cherry Fruit Filling or Topping, and spread evenly. Spread the whipped topping over the cake, and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Decorate with red, white, and blue sprinkles before serving.
Looking for more recipe ideas using the delicious Lucky Leaf Premium Fruit Filling or Toppings?
If you love chocolate covered strawberries, then you’ll LOVE these Chocolate Covered Strawberry Dream Bars I made using Lucky Leaf Premium Strawberry Fruit Filling or Topping.
It’s another super easy dessert, plus it’s NO BAKE, so it’s a great dessert when the weather gets warmer and you don’t want to turn your oven on!
Patriotic Poke Cake
- 15.25 ounces white cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 3 large egg whites
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 3 ounces Berry Blue gelatin you can also use blue raspberry jello
- 1 cup boiling water
- 42 ounces Lucky Leaf Premium Cherry Fruit Filling or Topping (2 cans)
- 8 ounces Whipped Topping
- Patriotic Sprinkles for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F for a metal or glass pan or 325° for dark or coated pans. Prepare your 9 X 13-inch baking dish by spraying it with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, 1 cup water, egg whites, and vegetable oil. Mix on low until moistened, and then beat at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour batter into pan and bake for 23-28 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Place cake on a wire rack to cool for at least 20 minutes.
- With the rounded handle of a wooden spoon, poke holes halfway into the cake about 1-inch apart.
- Combine the cup of boiling water and gelatin. Spoon evenly over the entire cake. Place into the refrigerator to chill for at least two hours.
- Cover the cake with the two cans of Lucky Leaf Premium Cherry Fruit Filling or Topping, spreading evenly. Place dollops of whipped topping onto the cherry topping, and spread. Refrigerate for one hour.
- Sprinkle the cake with red, white, and blue sprinkles and serve.
Celebrating with a color theme is lots of fun and definitely makes any gathering a bit more festive!
Add some more color and fun to your dessert table with these Patriotic Pinwheels and Star Cookies and my favorite, these Patriotic Jello Stars.
The kids AND adults will love them.
Start the day off with these Patriotic Buttermilk Pancakes with Blueberries and Strawberries.
Fresh strawberries and blueberries add natural color and good stuff to a wonderful breakfast.
This Red, White and Blue Berry Delight is easy to make!
It’s a trifle filled with pieces pound cake from scratch, fresh fruit, and stabilized whipped cream.
Make it even easier, and use a store-bought pound cake and whipped topping!
Like Tiramisu? Then you’re going to love this easy Easy Tiramisu Poke Cake. All the flavors of Tiramisu and so easy to put together, too!
I know your Patriotic Poke Cake will be a hit when you bring it to a party or cookout.
Everyone will ooh and aah when you slice into it and the see the pop of color!