These Cookies and Cream Cheesecake Bars are an Oreo lover’s heaven. A creamy cheesecake filling topped with crushed Oreos, drizzled with chocolate, and served in an Oreo cookie crust makes for a dessert everyone will keep coming back for.
It’s been a crazy week here.
We have a 2004 car that wasn’t running so hot. It seemed like it might be time to retire this particular vehicle.
The only problem is that I really love this car and am not ready to part with it. Instead, Kurt and I decided to have its engine replaced. It’s a great little car and because it’s been in Arizona most of its life, the body is in great condition with no rust (one of the benefits of living in the dessert!).
By far, it’s the one car I’ve ever owned the longest and we literally have plans to drive it into the ground. Or have we done that already now that we need to replace the engine?
Either way, we figure at this point even though a new engine calls for a hefty sum of money it’ll still be less expensive than purchasing a brand new car.
Have you owned a car that you weren’t ready to part with?
SAVE THESE CHEESECAKE BARS TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!
Along with our car woes, my laptop has been driving me nuts, saying there’s no more space. UGH!!
All of these mechanical and technological machines are pretty darn wonderful until we start having issues with them. I just don’t have the patience when something’s not working like it should. It drives me bonkers.
Because of the low memory in my computer I’ve been having trouble saving pictures for my posts which is why you haven’t seen me put much up this week. So, I’ll be ordering a new laptop next week. I’m excited as I always love opening the box and making it my own.
Our son, Cameron is running his second half marathon tomorrow morning. Our temps. are supposed to be in the mid-’80s this weekend while I hear New England is expecting 6 inches or so of snow! No, thank you.
Reminds me of when we had a huge snowstorm in Rhode Island at the beginning of April 20 years ago. Not fun.
Oreo Cheesecake Bars
In any case, with all the craziness of the last week or so, I was in desperately in need of a decadent chocolatey dessert. No matter how stressful life gets, a slice of cheesecake or a few Oreo cookies always make things feel a little bit bitter.
Put Oreos and Cheesecake together, along with plenty of rich chocolate, and you have the ideal dessert to distract you from whatever mechanical or technical problem is keeping you up at night.
And if fortune has smiled upon you and all your cars and laptops are working just fine? Well, I recommend celebrating with a Cookies and Cream Cheesecake Bar. Dessert is always a good idea, folks.
Cookies and Cream
Milk and cookies. Cookies and cream.
Is there a more comforting combination? Cookies and cream desserts call on the familiar flavors we love from our favorite chocolate sandwich cookies.
(Side note: are you a person who licks the cream off the Oreo first or do you eat your sandwich cookies in tact?)
From cookies and cream ice cream to Oreo Chocolate Chip Cookies, I get excited just about any time I get to make or eat a dessert inspired by Oreos. Considering my love of all kinds of dessert bars and cheesecakes, I almost can’t believe it took my so long to post a Cookies and Cream Cheesecake recipe.
SIGN UP FOR THE WEEKLY 365 DAYS OF BAKING & MORE
WEEKLY NEWSLETTER BELOW!
365 DAYS OF BAKING AND MORE FACEBOOK GROUP
TO RECEIVE ADVANCE NOTICE OF MY LIVE FB VIDEOS,
SHARE RECIPES AND MORE!
To make your own Cookies and Cream Cheesecake Bars, use:
an 8 X 8-inch glass baking dish or if you want to double the recipe, use a 9 X 13-inch baking dish, so you have plenty to share with friends.
Be sure to use a food processor to crush those Oreos into fine crumbs. It will make the process a whole lot easier for you.
At first glance at the recipe, it may seem like homemade Cookies and Cream Cheesecake Bars require a lot of steps. I’m here to tell you that, while these cheesecake bars look impressive, they’re actually fairly simple and perfect for beginner bakers.
After making the Oreo cookie crust, you just cream plain Greek yogurt (or sour cream) with cheesecake, sugar, vanilla and eggs and spread it into the crust and bake. Melted semi-sweet and white chocolate chips become a beautiful chocolate drizzle for topping the bars.
These Cookies and Cream Cheesecake Bars are sure to be a hit!
- 14 ounce package Oreos with filling divided
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 12 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt can substitute sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. and line an 8 X 8-inch baking pan with tin foil. Lightly spray the foil with cooking spray.
- Place 24 complete Oreos in the food processor or blender to turn into a fine crumb.
- In a medium bowl, mix the Oreo crumbs with the melted butter until well combined.
- Pour into the prepared baking dish and press down to evenly distribute.
- Place into the oven to bake for 10 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth about two minutes.
- Add the sugar, salt and Greek yogurt, and mix well. Make sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Beat in the egg, egg yolk and vanilla.
- Reserving 3 Oreos, place the rest into a sealed plastic bag and crush.
- Fold into the cheesecake mixture.
- Gently pour the cheesecake batter over the crust and smooth with an offset spatula.
- Place into the oven and bake for 35 - 40 minutes or until center is barely wobbly and edges are set and very slightly golden.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack and then transfer to the refrigerator to chill for at least two hours.
- Place the 3 saved Oreos into a plastic sandwich bag and crush into small pieces.
- Lift the tin foil from the pan and place onto a cutting board to slice with a large knife.
- Place the chocolate chips and white chocolate chips into two separate microwavable bowls. Heat for 30 second intervals, stirring in between until chips are melted and smooth.
- Pour each into a plastic sandwich bag and cut a small tip off of one corner. Drizzle the chocolate over each of the bars, and top with the remaining crushed Oreos.
If you love peanut butter with your Oreos, you should run to the kitchen right now to whip up some Mini Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecakes. Not only are these individual mini-cheesecakes packed with chocolate and peanut butter, they also have a surprise inside–an Oreo cookie!
Chocolate Cookies and Cream Cheesecakes are another individually portioned dessert recipe I adore. Recipes that make individual servings work great for parties and for tucking into lunch boxes.
I also can’t forget to mention Cookies and Cream Pie. This creamy, chocolatey pie recipe has to be tasted to be believed!
Need more dessert ideas? Here are a few to satisfy your tastebuds!