This Beet, Turkey, and Cheese Wrap is an easy and tasty sandwich option for a busy day. Using Aunt Nellie’s Diced Pickled Beets, turkey, dill cream cheese, spinach and mandarin oranges rolled in a lavash, you’ll experience a flavor explosion in every bite.
I’m always on the lookout for quick and easy lunch or meal ideas.
I am proud to be partnering with Aunt Nellie’s Beets to bring you this sponsored post. As always, all opinions are 100% my own.
It’s super important because it seems we’re always so busy.
And I don’t know about you, but when I get involved in work or running errands, I often find that I’ve forgotten to eat lunch.
Yes, it’s true.
Am I alone here?
But now having the ingredients on hand I need to make these wraps makes it easy to remember that my body needs to be fed.
SAVE THIS BEET, TURKEY, AND CHEESE WRAP RECIPE TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!
I love using Aunt Nellie’s Diced Pickled Beets single serve containers for this Beet, Turkey, and Cheese Wrap recipe.
Each container has just the right amount and because they are already diced, adding them is super easy.
I don’t have to peel, cook, pickle or cut and yet, I enjoy ALL the flavor and health benefits!
Ruby-red beets are so gosh darn good for you, too. They’re rich in antioxidants, and add fiber as well as vitamins and minerals to your diet. They’re a good source of Vitamins A, C and Folate, and minerals such as Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorous and Potassium.
So let’s eat more beets!!
Look for Aunt Nellie’s beets in the canned and jarred vegetable aisle of your favorite grocery store.
Pickled or not, beets can add wonderful flavor to a variety of your dishes.
My favorite way to eat them is with a fork right out of the jar!
What do I need to make my beet, turkey, and cheese lavash wrap?
- 4 slices lavash
- Cream cheese
at room temperature
to add to the cream cheese
- deli turkey slices
- fresh spinach
- mandarin orange slices
- Aunt Nellie’s Pickled Beets! Using the individual single serve containers makes it super easy to put these wraps together because the beets are already diced and all you have to do is drain them.
You can use a tortilla for this recipe as well, but I loved using the lavash.
Lavash is a soft Middle Eastern flatbread that is thin and low in carbohydrates. Similar to a regular wrap, but lavash is more square or rectangular in shape.
How do I make these roll ups?
- I found it easiest to drain the single serve containers of Aunt Nellie’s Diced Pickled Beets one at a time. That way I could add the correct amount to each wrap making sure it wasn’t too full.
- Place a lavash on a clean work surface.
- Make sure your cream cheese is at room temperature. This will make it easier to mix the dill into it.
Once the dill and cream cheese is thoroughly combined, spread about ¼ cup onto the lavash.
- Add the turkey slices.
- Cover with the fresh spinach.
- Disperse about 8 mandarin orange slices.
- Saving the best for last, add the Aunt Nellie’s Diced Pickled Beets that you’ve drained, making sure they are evenly distributed as well.
- Beginning from the longer side closest to you, roll the lavash.
- Slice in half. Repeat with remaining ingredients or save the rest for later!
We’re celebrating how wonderfully versatile beets are with Aunt Nellie’s third annual Beet Week! Join me and other bloggers as we share a variety of creative recipes for different healthy eating plans like gluten-free, low-carb, vegan/vegetarian, Mediterranean and more.
You can also watch us as we take over Aunt Nellie’s Facebook and Instagram accounts each day this week!
AND, there’s even an Aunt Nellie’s Beet Week sweepstakes!
Aunt Nellie’s will award seven (7) prizes consisting of a free case of your favorite beets and a $50 digital gift card to your favorite store.
Just follow Aunt Nellie’s on Facebook and Instagram and click here to enter!
Follow along on social media with #ANBeetWeek.
Beet, Turkey and Cheese Wrap
- 16 ounces Aunt Nellie's Diced Pickled Beets (4, 4-ounce single serve containers)
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1 teaspoon dried dill see note
- 4 slices lavash bread see note
- 12 slices deli turkey
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach loosely packed
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges drained
- Drain one 4-ounce Aunt Nellie's Diced Pickled Beets single serve container; discard liquid.
- In medium bowl, mix together cream cheese and dill until well combined.
- Put one slice of lavash on a clean work surface and spread with 1/4 cup of the dill cream cheese. Top with 3 turkey slices, 1 cup spinach and about 8 orange slices. Sprinkle evenly with diced beets.
- From one of the longer sides, begin rolling the lavash; wrap as tightly as possible.
- Slice in half. Repeat with remaining ingredients to make 4 wraps. Serve immediately.
1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh dill can be substituted for dried dill.
*Additional Nutritional Information (¼ of recipe) - 0.13mg thiamin