This Artichoke Tomato Chicken is a super easy meal that can be on the table in less than 30 minutes! Fresh herbs, tomatoes, chicken, artichokes and cheese make this one easy meal your family will be asking for again and again.
JOIN THE 365 DAYS OF BAKING AND MORE FACEBOOK GROUP TO RECEIVE ADVANCE NOTICE OF MY LIVE FB VIDEOS, SHARE RECIPES AND MORE!
There are probably more than 50 chicken recipes here on 365 because we eat a lot of it.
I think I am now officially tired of eating it, so it may be a while before there is another chicken post. I had a couple of different names for this post:
Artimato Chicken. Or the preferred Tomachoke Chicken but I think just plain ol’ Artichoke Tomato Chicken is the way to go. The family really liked the Tomachoke, but it doesn’t sound too appetizing and like you’re going to be taking a trip to the hospital once you take a bite.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
- 1 6 oz. jar artichoke hearts drained and sliced
- 4 plum tomatoes sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano chopped
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. and prepare a 9 X 13? baking dish by spraying it with cooking spray.
- Place bread crumbs into a shallow dish.
- Using one breast at a time, coat on both sides and place in prepared baking dish.
- Place tomatoes and then artichokes on each piece of chicken.
- Evenly sprinkle the basil and oregano over each chicken breast.
- Slice provolone cheese and half and place 3 slices over each chicken breast.
- Gently pour chicken broth into dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
There you have it, dinner.
This was a quick and easy dish and the cooking time was spectacular! Can I say that cooking or rather, baking time, was spectacular? Seems a little outrageous, or over the top, hunh?
Well, it was. It was so short and convenient. I loved it! Served this with a spinach salad and baked sweet potato and we had one awesome dinner! I rate everything I bake on a scale of 1-4 with 4 being the best and this Artichoke Tomato Chicken earned 3 rolling pins.