This Double Pepperoni Bread Twist may be a mouthful to say, but it’s an easy and delicious meal for any night of the week, and is a great appetizer as well! It’s made with homemade pizza dough, mozzarella cheese, pizza sauce and two layers of HORMEL® Cup N’ Crisp Pepperoni Bold. That’s twice the pepperoni of my popular Pepperoni Bread, so you know it’s going to impress family and friends!
One of the things my family has always loved is pepperoni.
I am proud to be partnering with Hormel Foods to bring you this sponsored post. As always, all opinions are 100 % my own.
One of our most favorite ways to eat it is on pizza.
When the kids were little, I started making my Pepperoni Bread.
Not only was it popular with the family, friends requested I make it when we’d get together.
And it never lasted long, either!
SAVE THIS DOUBLE PEPPERONI BREAD TWIST RECIPE TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!
Over the years, I’ve incorporated our love for pepperoni into a few other recipes as well!
If you like pasta then I’ve got pepperoni pizza pasta or pizza stuffed shells.
These mini pepperoni calzones are fun, too!
You can add a little green to your pepperoni bread and make this spinach pepperoni bread.
The spinach adds extra flavor and is a great way to get the kids to eat their greens!
We love to eat pepperoni for breakfast, too in this meat lover’s pizza frittata.
In all these pepperoni recipes, there is really only one that I use, and it’s HORMEL® Pepperoni.
We love the taste and I love how convenient and easy it is. I can find it at any grocery store I go to.
So, you can only imagine how excited I was when they said they wanted me to try their Cup N’ Crisp Pepperoni!
It comes in two varieties and for this recipe, I used the Bold for that extra bit of zest.
This pepperoni is so cool because as it cooks, the edges curl up turning it into a crispy cup.
Plus, you can enjoy that restaurant quality flavor that you’d find at your favorite pizzeria right at home.
They’re so much fun to eat, and they’re super cute, too!
Because this Double Pepperoni Bread Twist is so full of ingredients, you might want to have an additional set on hands around to help you braid it.
Double the pepperoni means double the fun and double the yumminess.
To Make the Double Pepperoni Bread –
- Use ⅓ of the recipe for my classic pizza dough.
The recipe makes enough dough for three pizzas or whatever you plan to make with it, so you’ll only need one ball of dough.
- On a piece of lightly floured parchment, roll the dough into a rectangle that is 11 X 15-inches long.
- Spread the pizza sauce over the dough to within one inch of all sides.
- Sprinkle ½ cup of mozzarella over the sauce.
- Using the first 5-ounce package of pepperoni, place the slices close together on top of the cheese.
- Top the pepperoni with ½ cup of mozzarella, 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning, and ¼ teaspoon garlic powder.
- Cover with ¾ of the remaining pepperoni slices.
- Starting at one of the longer sides, begin rolling the bread up tightly, tucking any pepperoni and cheese in that may try to escape.
When finished, make sure the seam is on the bottom, and pinch the ends closed.
- Use a sharp knife to slice through the center of the loaf to make to sections beginning an inch from one of the ends.
This will help to hold the top together.
To Twist the Pepperoni Bread –
- After you slice the bread lengthwise starting an inch down from one of the ends, it will most likely fall open because it is so full.
See that center picture?
You can do this.
- Because the sections are long and rather awkward, it may be easier to just lift the portion closest to the uncut end and place it over the other rather than trying to lift and move the whole thing. Whatever you find is easiest.
- An extra set of hands to help lift and move at this point might be a bit advantageous.
Or, if you’re like me, you’ll just want to insist on doing it yourself. haha
Your sous chef can also help lift and hold the parchment against the outside of the section you want to move.
This really does aid in keeping the section together.
- I’m not gonna lie, I was getting a bit frustrated that I was losing so much of the insides.
Plus, I thought it really looked like a hot mess because there was so much cheese and pepperoni all over the place.
Besides, having the ingredients exposed makes it more appealing and everyone can really see how the pepperoni bakes into little cups.
The good thing is that it will bake up nicely and all of the ingredients that fall out can just be put back anywhere on the bread.
- After you’ve finished the braiding or twisting, sprinkle the remaining mozzarella, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder along the top of the bread. Dot with remaining pepperoni slices.
- Bake for a total of 50-60 minutes.
Important: After it’s been in the oven for 20 minutes, cover lightly with a piece of aluminum foil to prevent the pepperoni from browning too quickly.
- Allow to rest 5 minutes before slicing. Serve with your favorite marinara sauce.
Double Pepperoni Bread Twist
- ⅓ Pizza Dough recipe
- 10 ounces HORMEL® Cup N' Crisp Pepperoni Bold (2) 5-ounce packages, divided
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1 ½ cups Mozzarella cheese divided
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese divided
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning divided
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder divided
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Roll pizza dough into a rectangle about 11 X 15-inches on a lightly floured piece of parchment.
- Spread the pizza sauce over the dough, leaving 1 inch space on all sides.
- Distribute ½ cup of mozzarella evenly over the sauce.
- Place 5 ounces of HORMEL® Cup N' Crisp Pepperoni Bold close together over the mozzarella.
- Cover the pepperoni with ½ cup of the mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of the Parmesan cheese, ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning, and ¼ teaspoon of the garlic powder on the mozzarella.
- Place ¾ of the second 5 ounce package of HORMEL® Cup N' Crisp Pepperoni Bold over the mozzarella. Save the additional pepperoni slices for the top of the bread.
- Begin rolling the dough tightly on one of the long sides. As you roll, it may be necessary to tuck in any pepperoni or cheese that falls out. After rolling, make sure the seam is on the bottom and pinch both ends closed.
- With a sharp knife, slice the dough in half lengthwise all the way through, leaving about an inch at the top to hold it together. After you slice it, the dough will probably fall open because it is so full. *This is where it may be handy to have an extra set of hands, but it can be done alone. It might also be helpful to bring up the side of the parchment to contain the section of the dough you're working with. Carefully pick one of the sections and bring it over the other. Then do the same with the other section, continuing all the way down to braid the dough. The open portion of the dough should be facing up. Pinch the edges of the dough together.
- Sprinkle bread with remaining ½ cup mozzarella, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder. Place the remaining HORMEL® Cup N' Crisp Pepperoni Bold along the bread.
- Bake for a total of 50-60 minutes or until bread is cooked through. Cover with a sheet of aluminum foil after the bread has been in the oven for the first 20 minutes to prevent the exposed pepperoni from browning too quickly.
- Allow to rest 5 minutes before slicing. Serve with your favorite marinara.