This Taco Dip is an easy game day dish to make and fun to serve. With four layers of deliciousness, it’s sure to please your hungry crowd. This dip of refried beans, taco seasoned ground beef, sour cream and cheese topped with diced tomato and jalapeño and served with tortilla chips is a fan favorite at our house!
**This post has been updated in format and with pictures from its’ original publication.
Here we are again -the third Monday of the month.
I just cannot believe how very fast the weeks go by.
My daughters have finished their year at college and my son will finish his sophomore year of high school on Thursday.
This. Year. FLEW!
SAVE THIS TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!
How ’bout you, do you think it’s gone by fast?
We’ve been busy the last week with getting the girls organized here at home, work…
AND we have a new family addition.
Yes, his name is Keiser and he is a 9 week old Golden Retriever. He is absolutely one of the cutest things I’ve ever seen. And the best part?
He gets along famously with our almost 9 year old Golden, Brady.
They are spitting images of each other and love, love LOVE to play tug of war with Brady’s rope toy.
Who needs TV when you can just watch the dogs play together?!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 package taco seasoning OR my Homemade Taco Seasoning I would have used this, but I didn't have any more on hand
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 15 ounce can refried beans
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup shredded Mexican Blend Cheese
- 1 to mato diced, for garnish
- 1 jalapeño diced or sliced, for garnish
- tortilla chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare a 9-inch pie plate by spraying it with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the olive oil.
- Add chopped onion to the skillet and saute until soft, about 4-5 minutes.
- Place the ground beef into the pan and heat until completely cooked, breaking it apart as it cooks.
- Drain the fat.
- Add the packet of taco seasoning, and 2/3 cup water. Stir to combine and simmer for at least 5 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- Spread the refried beans on the bottom of the pie plate.
- Completely cover with seasoned ground beef.
- Spread with sour cream.
- Evenly distribute shredded cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until cheese is melted and everything is heated through.
- Garnish with diced fresh tomato, jalapeño and serve with tortilla chips
I give you BIG baking hugs and muffins!