These Pina Colada Milkshakes made of vanilla ice cream, coconut milk, cream of coconut, rum, and crushed pineapple are a cold, refreshing taste of the tropics that are perfect for the summer heat. They can also be made without the rum for the kids to enjoy as well!
I love a good milkshake.
There’s just something wonderful about this cold, refreshing treat. I mean, you can drink your ice cream through a straw for crying out loud! How genius is THAT?!?!
I’ve ALWAYS loved ice cream.
I can’t remember the first time I ever had it (does anyone?), but I think I must have liked it before I was even born. I mean it’s in my blood.
SAVE THIS PINA COLADA TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!
I’m really not choosy when it comes to ice cream either. I’ll eat all the flavors, but my favorite is definitely coffee. Mom used to make me coffee shakes all the time when I was little. They were delicious. I’ll have to put them up here on the blog one day soon as well.
Take a look at these great shakes from some fantastic bloggers:
Salted Pretzel Nutella Fudge Milkshake with Malted Milk Whipped Cream from Half Baked Harvest
Cherry Cola Milkshake from Boulder Locavore
Lucky Charms Milkshake from Lemon Tree Dwelling
Peppermint Pattie Milkshakes from Dinner, Dishes & Desserts
Chai Tea Latte Milkshakes from The Cookie Rookie
The great thing about this shake is that you can make them without the rum and they’ll be just as good. That way the kids can enjoy them as well.
I’ve used a couple of different types of cream of coconut and found that the Coco Real was the best one for this recipe. It also helped the shredded coconut stick to the rims of the glasses really well. I found it in the alcohol section of my local Walmart. It was with the margarita mixes and such. You can also order it here on Amazon.
Here’s a quick video of how to put them together:
JOIN THE 365 DAYS OF BAKING AND MORE FACEBOOK GROUP TO RECEIVE ADVANCE NOTICE OF MY LIVE FB VIDEOS, SHARE RECIPES AND MORE!
- 2 1/2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 8 ounces crushed pineapple in pineapple juice undrained
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup Cream of Coconut
- 1/4 cup rum
- Shredded sweetened coconut flakes
- whipped cream and maraschino cherries for garnish
- Place about two tablespoons of the cream of coconut into a small shallow plate and the coconut flakes into a small shallow bowl.
- Put the rims of the serving glasses into the cream of coconut, making sure to place a good amount all along the rim.
- Place the glasses into the coconut flakes and completely cover the rim.
- Put the ice cream, pineapple, coconut milk, cream of coconut and rum into the blender.
- Blend until completely mixed and smooth.
- Gently pour into garnished serving glasses, top with whipped cream and a cherry, if desired and serve immediately.
If you like these Pina Colada Milkshakes, you’ll love…