If you’re looking for an easy edible gift idea or a fun addition to your holiday cookie exchanges, look no further than these 3 Ingredient Pretzel Hugs! Sweet chocolate and salty pretzels are the perfect combination, and you can make a whole tray of these little treats in no time! Make them for Christmas, or change up the details to make this easy treat for any holiday!
Why You’ll Love Them
These pretzel M&M hugs are a staple on my baking list every holiday season. Here’s why:
- Quick and easy
- Minimal ingredients (and mess!)
- So easy your kids can make them!
- Easily customizable with your favorite flavors
- They are delicious!
SAVE THIS EASY RECIPE FOR MINT PRETZEL HUGS TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!
What Supplies Do I Need?
You’ll need a rimmed baking sheet and parchment paper or a Silpat. If you’re planning on gifting these festive Christmas pretzel hugs, pick up a set of cellophane bags and some ribbon.
3 Ingredient Pretzel Hugs: What do I need to make them?
As promised, you only need three simple ingredients to make these pretzel hugs:
The recipe card calls for 56 of each, but truly you can make as many Christmas Hugs as you want!
You can make these M&M Pretzel Hugs with whatever flavors you want. For Christmas pretzels, I like to use the mint flavored items, but you could also try some of these:
Hershey Kisses Flavors
- Candy Cane Kisses
- Hershey’s Hugs (white chocolate and milk chocolate swirl)
- Hot Cocoa Chocolate Kisses
- Regular Hershey’s Kisses
- Regular holiday M&M candies (red and green assortment)
- Toasty Vanilla White Chocolate M&Ms
- Dark Chocolate M&Ms
If you’re having a hard time finding the snap pretzels, you can also use the round pretzels or even just traditional mini pretzels.
How to make 3 Ingredient Pretzel Hugs
These Christmas pretzel hugs are so easy! Gather your helpers, and let’s get to work!
The “hardest” part about these treats is unwrapping the kisses. I like to do them all at once to get it over with, so that’s when extra hands are super helpful. I also find it helps to place the M&Ms in a bowl for easy access.
- First, preheat the oven to 175 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with either parchment paper or a Silpat mat.
- Next, place the pretzel squares on the paper or mat in a single layer. I try to fit as many as I possibly can on one baking sheet.
- Place one Mint Truffle Kiss in the center of each of the square pretzels.
- Then, put the cookie sheet in the oven and heat for about 3-4 minutes until the kisses are soft and shiny. Have a steady hand when you place the pan into the oven because the pretzels may slide all over the place.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and immediately (but gently) place an M&M into the center of each Hershey Kiss. Gently press down to flatten it a bit.
- Once you have all the M&Ms in place, place the cookie sheet in the refrigerator to set the chocolate for at least 15 minutes. Then you can transfer them into individual bags or containers. If you’re not giving them away, store them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week!
How to Gift Christmas Pretzel Hugs
These chocolate pretzel treats make great gifts! I give a bag to all my friends and neighbors with a Christmas card.
Buy cute cellophane bags and festive ribbons. Place the desired number of pretzel hugs with M&Ms into the bag, then use the included twist tie to secure it. Tie a festive ribbon and gift tag around the bag.
If I’m giving them to one person, I usually include a dozen pretzel hugs. I’ll give more to a couple or family I know well.
More 3 Ingredient Recipes
Fewer ingredients, less mess, and more time to spend with family and friends: what’s not to love? All of the recipes below have just 3 simple ingredients:
- Whipped Cream
- Copycat Frosted Lemonade
- Chocolate Covered Cherries
- Sugar-Free Peanut Butter Cookies
- Strawberry Sauce
- Peanut Butter Cookies
- Puff Pastry Cinnamon Swirls
- Peppermint Bark
Love Pretzels? Check out these recipes:
- Rolo Pretzel Turtles
- Walking Strawberry Pretzel Salad
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Brownies
- Peanut Butter Reindeer Cookies
- Strawberry Pretzel Pie
~ FOLLOW ME ~
~ FACEBOOK ~ PINTEREST ~
~ INSTAGRAM ~ TWITTER ~
~ YOUTUBE ~
Keep an eye out for more of my easy recipes each week!
3 Ingredient Pretzel Hugs
- Preheat oven to 175°F, and line a rimmed cookie sheet with either a piece of parchment paper or Silpat mat.
- Place the pretzels on the prepared baking sheet in a single layer. Then put one Hershey's Mint Truffle Kiss in the center of each pretzel square.
- Put the cookie sheet into the oven and heat for about 3 minutes, until the kisses are slightly soft and shiny.
- Upon removing from the oven, place one mint M&M on top of each Hershey's Kiss, and gently press down.
- Place the cookie sheet into the refrigerator to set the chocolate for about 15 minutes. Store in an airtight covered container for up to one week.