You just need THREE simple ingredients for these Rolo Pretzel Turtles. Square mini pretzels, Rolo candy, and pecans are all you need for this great recipe. They’re one of the quickest and easiest treats to make when you want to satisfy your sweet tooth, and the hardest part is waiting for them to cool so you can enjoy them!
I love easy treats that require only a handful of items to make. They’re not only delicious, but they’re probably the easiest recipes you’re ever.
Also, I do love the flavor combo of a good turtle recipe. The sweet chocolate, creamy caramel and crunch of the pecans are perfect for a good dessert recipe.
Ok, and the classic Turtle candies are good, too.
They were the inspiration for my No Bake Turtle Dream Bars, and Turtle Parfaits.
SAVE THIS EASY ROLO PRETZEL RECIPE TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!
What is a Rolo?
Rolos are a chocolate caramel candy that you can find in the candy aisle or at the checkout of all grocery stores.
You can also find them here on Amazon.
They are the perfect blend of chocolate and caramel, making them absolutely perfect for turtle candy when combined with the salty pretzel and crunchy pecans.
Can I use different candies?
While I haven’t made this recipe using candy other than a Rolo you probably could use Hershey’s Kisses, mini Reese’s Peanut butter cups or mini candy bars.
Just make sure to keep an eye on them while they’re in the oven because they may require more or less baking time than the length of time I have suggested for this easy recipe.
Have fun experimenting!
What do I need to make Rolo Turtles?
Are you ready? It seriously doesn’t get much easier than this, folks!
- Square pretzels
- Rolo candies
- Pecan halves
How do I make this Rolo Pretzel Turtle recipe?
- Turn your oven on to 300°F, and make sure that all of the Rolo candies are unwrapped.
- Line a baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper, and place pretzels in single layer rows, equal distance apart. Put the chocolate candies in the center of each pretzel. Place into your preheated oven, and baking time is 2-3 minutes.
- When you remove them from the oven, gently press a pecan half into each candy, being careful not to press too hard or to completely flatten the melted Rolos. Allow them to cool on the cookie sheet at room temperature for about an hour.
How can I make just a few of these pecan Rolo pretzels at a time?
Use your toaster oven if you have one!
I haven’t tried it yet, buy you just might be able to put a few pretzels on a plate, top them with the Rolos and put the plate into the microwave for 20-30 seconds. You want a soft caramel, but not one that’s going to be completely melted, so keep an eye on them while they’re in there.
What kind of Pretzels should I use?
My favorite pretzels to use for this quick treat are the small square pretzels as they are a good vessel for the candy on top.
Though you can use mini wheels, you just want to make sure you’re using something that the Rolo will not have a problem sticking to.
So, I definitely wouldn’t go with like, a pretzel rod or the typical pretzel knot.
How do I store these turtle candies?
You can store this sweet treat for up to 1 week in an airtight container.
What can I use if I have a nut allergy?
If you can’t use pecans in this recipe because of an allergy to nuts, substitute them for some colorful M&M’s or mini marshmallows.
If you love recipes with only a few ingredients like today’s Rolo Pretzel Bites, then you may enjoy the following as well.
Take these 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies, for example. Every time I make them I am amazed that they come together so quickly and don’t require much work on my part. AND, if you want to make them, but are watching your sugar intake or know someone who does, I’ve made a sugar-free version as well!
Looking for more recipes with just 3 ingredients?
Make these Chocolate Covered Cherries. They are SO easy and are great when you want to make a chocolate cherry dessert and a little decorative flair to it.
This 3 Ingredient Strawberry Sauce is perfect on anything from waffles to ice cream, or pancakes.
However, my whole family loves it best on these Cheese Blintzes. I make them every year at Christmas and they NEVER last long!
These little snacks will be perfect for lunch boxes, Christmas time cookie exchanges, Valentine’s Day, or just plain ol’ gift giving. Rolo Pretzel Bites are an easy classic treat that everyone will enjoy!
Rolo Pretzel Turtles
- 48 Rolo candies
- 48 square pretzels
- 48 pecan halves
- Preheat the oven to 300°F degrees and unwrap the Rolo candies.
- Prepare a cookie sheet by lining it with a sheet of parchment paper. Place the square pretzels in rows, equal distance apart, onto the cookie sheet. Put a Rolo in the center of each pretzel. Put into the oven and bake for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and gently press 1 pecan half onto the center of each Rolo candy. Do not press too hard as the chocolate will be soft and could flood over the sides. Set aside to cool for at least 1 hour. Once your turtles are cool and dry, they are ready to serve or store.
Did you make this recipe?
Share it with me on Instagram and make sure to follow me on Pinterest for more recipes.
Leave A Reply!