13 minute, 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies

The 13 Minute and 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies are not your typical peanut butter cookie because they’re made with only three ingredients and are ready in just 13 minutes! They’re the perfect thing to make when you need something sweet to eat or have little ones wanting a quick snack.

13 Minute, 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies - SO easy, SO fast and oh SO good!

Peanut Butter cookies are the cookie of choice for Mr. 365.

Until I started baking goodies on a regular basis I was buying Nutter Butters quite often.
And I admit that I sometimes still do. But they’re becoming so expensive!
And forget when it was Girl Scout Cookie time – those Do-Si-Do’s were gone in less than an hour when paired with a glass of milk!
And noone else ever had a taste of them unless we were the first one to get to the box!

This has got to be the easiest cookie recipe I’ve ever made.
And I found at my good friend, Mary’s wonderful blog, Barefeet In The Kitchen.
You can see it right here.
As I said, these are SO easy to make with just three ingredients! AND it takes literally ONE minute to mix the ingredients together then 12 minutes to bake them.
You could even whip these babies up in the morning before the kids head off to school so they can have them in their lunch box! But not if anyone in school has peanut allergies.
Don’t send them to school with them then.
But I suppose you already knew that.  ;-)

The 13 minute, 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookie

1 minute

Cook Time: 12 minutes

Yield: 18 Cookies

The 13 minute, 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookie

Ingredients

• 1 cup sugar
  • 1 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 1 egg

Instructions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment or with a silicone baking mat.
  3. In a medium bowl, mix the sugar, peanut butter and egg together until well incorporated.
  4. Roll the dough into 1-inch balls and place on the prepared baking sheet.
  5. Using the back of a fork, make a criss-cross pattern on each cookie.
  6. Bake for 12 minutes.
  7. Allow to cool on the baking sheet for a minute or two before transferring to a wire rack.

Notes

These cookies will not spread, so can be placed about an inch or so apart.

I rate everything I bake on a scale of 1-4 with 4 being the best and these 13 Minute 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies earned 3 1/2 rolling pins!
They were by far the easiest cookie evah!  ;-)
Three ingredients and ready in no time. It doesn’t get any better than this when the troops are begging for some cookies!

I give you BIG baking hugs and muffins!!

Comments

• Lynne says

Hillary, I was wonderfully surprised how easy, quick and delicious they were!
      And VERY excited, too!
      Thanks for your comment!

1. Alisha says

I discovered these a few months ago online somewhere… They are so good and so easy and cheap… makes for a VERY dangerous recipe as I always want to make them! and they are so crumbly and tasty when they are still warm.. hard for the fam to not just finish em off

• Lynne says

Denise, I don’t see why it wouldn’t be. Use the crunchy and let me know how it turns out!
      I think it would be just like substituting crunchy peanut butter in a regular peanut butter cookie recipe with flour.
      I look forward to hearing your result!

• Debbie says

Yes, Para they can. By the Splenda for baking if possible. If not, use packets, I have. I make them for my mother-in-law using it.

• Kay Reuben says

Yes they can be made with splenda, but be sure to cut down on the splena. I made them for my diabetic husband and he loved them (he died in 2008)….I also put about 1/4 to 1/2 cup of crushed peanuts and the same of instant oatmeal in with the peanut butter….They were so good that I always doubled the recipe.

2. says

I absolutely have to try this recipe. I love peanut butter cookies and I tend to only make my mom’s recipe. I’m going to give this a whirl. They look fabulous.

3. Stephanie says

I think I made mine too small. First cookie sheet burned a bit. I all try again and make them a bit bigger. However, it is very hard to not just eat the dough…

Uh-oh, Stephanie!
      I hope the second batch was better!
      It is very hard to not eat the dough! haha

4. Nancy Webster says

I make them often very good .I got my recipe from paula deen they are called magical peanut butter cookies

• Sherry Patten says

This is NOT Paula Deans recipe. My Uncle Dean opened Star Bakery in Middletown CT in the late 30’s and he made them for me all my life. Not sure but I was told the recipe was his. Who knows, but it isn’t hers.

• Lynne says

Thanks, Sherry for the comment!
        With many recipes, it’s tough to tell where they originated, but it is always wonderful if we are able to give credit where credit is due, isn’t it?
        Kudos to Uncle Dean if it was his!!

5. Kimberly says

My grandson has a peanut allergy. Wondering if these can be made with wow butter or sun butter?

• Lynne says

That is a good question, Kimberly. I’m not sure. The only thing I could suggest is to try it because I can’t give you a definitive answer. I’m also wondering how they would be with almond butter since I love that stuff. I’ll have to try it with that next.
      If you do make them, please let me know how they turn out.

Louise,
      I can’t tell you for sure since I haven’t made them with the honey. If you decide to try them that way, please let me know how it turns out and I can add it to the recipe so others know as well!

6. Sue says

THS IS the recipe I had for these cookies in the early 80s. I loved them and somehow time passed and when I wanted to make them later I couldnt’ remember the 3rd ingredient (the EGG)! Thank you soooooooo much for this because I have so missed these cookies! Store – bought can’t match them. THANK YOU AGAIN SO MUCH. Will keep this print out in my cookbook “Just in case”!

• Lynne says

You are SO welcome, Sue!! Happy to have been able to help you out.
      If you lose it again, you always know where to come back to. Maybe you could bookmark it, too!

7. says

Tried to make them and I’m out of eggs! Gotta make a trip to store. …. will make them ToNight with six children always wanting Something to eat this is an awesome recipe.

• Lynne says

OH NO, Melissa!! haha I HATE when that happens!!
      Wow, sounds like you’ve got some hungry mouths to feed. Enjoy them. They’re super easy and super quick. Since Mother’s Day is Sunday have the kids make them for you. ;-)

8. Annie says

What brand of peanut butter do you use? When I took mine out of the oven at 12 minutes they were ooey gooey.

• Lynne says

Kathleen, I haven’t tried using shortening or a cooking / baking spray on the baking sheet to keep the cookies from sticking, but you can try it. It probably won’t be a problem. I suggest doing only one tray to see how they turn out and then refrigerate the dough overnight if you can get to the store tomorrow to get some parchment.
      Who knows though, it may just work and you won’t have to go the store!
      Let me know how it goes.

9. amy says

Hi!! Can’t wait to try these. I was wondering. … after I place the dough 1 inch apart and use the fork to make the pattern on top do you flatten the the dough or leave it as a ball? Thanks :)

• Lynne says

Amy, the ball of dough will flatten slightly after pressing the fork into it and will flatten more as it bakes, so there’s nothing more that needs to be done to it after using the fork.

10. Peg says

I also have made these for years. Recipe was called Rosalyn Carter’s cookies.
    I have made these with smooth and crunchy peanut butter and I dont use parchment or spray my pan.
    Lately I have been adding a scant teaspoon of cinnamon.

11. Ashley says

Just got done making these with an egg replacer since I’m vegan and they came out HEAVENLY! !!!!

Windy,
        I would do a Google search for egg replacers. I don’t use them and don’t post vegan recipes, so I wouldn’t want to steer you in the wrong direction.
        Thanks for asking!

12. Donna says

Love these, make them all the time but I roll into bite size balls, bake 7 minutes and dip in melted chocolate, taste like a Reese’s. =)

13. penny sqires says

I have been making these since 71 when my mom in law gave me the recipe..I always thought it was her private recipe…But I guess not. Lol. These are the best peanut butter cookies I have ever eaten!! And the only ones I make..my grown boys make them also when they get a sweet tooth. Thank you !!

• Lynne says

Sara, just to be on the safe side, I’d stick with the parchment. Because of the amount of sugar in the cookies, it could make for problems when removing them.

• Georgia says

Kathleen says

May 20, 2014 at 9:46 pm

Can i use shortening on the pan instead of parchment? I dont have any at the moment

Lynne says

May 20, 2014 at 9:54 pm

Who knows though, it may just work and you won’t have to go the store!
        Let me know how it goes.

Kathleen says

May 20, 2014 at 11:23 pm

Perfect! No issues :)

14. Michelle Green says

This is almost how I make them, but I use half as much sugar. Actually I think I got the recipe from the Kraft peanut butter label haha. But I agree, they are so fast and way too yummy!!

That’s great, Michelle!
      Yes, I was thinking that cup of sugar was a bit much at first. I’ll probably try reducing it the next time I make them.

• Lynne says

Good question, Kathy. I am not sure and I don’t want to say yes because I haven’t tried it and I don’t know of anyone who has.
      You could be the first and report back to me how they turned out! ;-)

• Georgia says

Splenda ~ Para Stevens says
        April 28, 2014 at 3:11 am
        Can these be made with Splenda?
        LaVone Ayers says
        July 13, 2014 at 2:41 am
        Yes they can be made with Splenda, only you need to use 1/2 Splenda and 1/2 regular sugar. They also make a Splenda for baking that is already mixed.
        Debbie says
        August 3, 2014 at 9:09 am

• Lynne says

Amy, I honestly couldn’t tell you if you can use a sugar other than granulated.
      I just went off the original recipe that I found from Barefeet in the Kitchen and that was what Mary used.
      Sorry about your cookies!

15. Jennifer says

I love these. I use crunchy peanut butter. I call them cuppa-cuppa-egg cookies. I read that somewhere and it stuck with my 3 kiddos! I’m new here and it’s past my bedtime…. That’s a bad combo :)

16. emilu says

what am i doing wrong? how come this recipe did not work for me? i combined the 3 ingredients as indicated but was unable to roll them into balls. the mixture was too runny. it seemed like it was missing something.

• Lynne says

Emilu, I’m not sure. If you used the proper amounts of the three ingredients they should be able to be rolled. If you make them again with the same result, refrigerate the dough for about an hour and see if that makes a difference.

17. Darla says

This recipe has been used by my sister for 50 years or more. I recently shared it on Facebook because it has no flour so it is great for those that need gluten free. It can also be made sugar free with a sweetener like splenda.

18. Cindy+Romero says

Does anyone know if just a greased pan would work? I don’t have either parchment paper or silicone mat and wanted to give these a try for my husband.
    Thanks in advance

Cindy,
      I haven’t made them without the parchment, so can’t say for sure, but you could try it and see how it goes. I would think that greasing the baking sheets should be ok. Let me know how it goes!

• Georgia says

Kathleen says

May 20, 2014 at 9:46 pm

Lynne says

May 20, 2014 at 9:54 pm

Who knows though, it may just work and you won’t have to go the store!
        Let me know how it goes.

Kathleen says

May 20, 2014 at 11:23 pm

Perfect! No issues :)

• Georgia says

No parchment ~ Kathleen says
        May 20, 2014 at 9:46 pm
        Lynne says
        May 20, 2014 at 9:54 pm
        Who knows though, it may just work and you won’t have to go the store!
        Let me know how it goes.
        Kathleen says
        May 20, 2014 at 11:23 pm
        Perfect! No issues :)

19. Karen says

These are great for a family on a tight budget! I didn’t feel guilty at all about making these for the kids when I knew I was low on baking supplies. Thanks for the excellent recipe!

• Lynne says

Karen, these really are the perfect cookie when you want something sweet, but either don’t have other ingredients or don’t want to spend the extra money. Enjoy!

20. Carol says

I have used chunky peanut butter, Almond butter and have made them into thumb print wit jelly making peanut and jelly cookies.

• Lynne says

Great ideas, Carol! You’re a woman after my own heart.
      You must be psychic because I have that cookie recipe in the queue!

21. Alinecia says

Oh Lawd!!!!!Tasty!Fast!Cheap!!!!And if they were any more simple it would be a crime! I made it four ingredients. I added chocolate chips!

22. Kelsey says

What sort of peanut butter did you use?
    I normally just have the “natural” kind (the ones where the only ingredients are peanuts, salt) around for eating, do you think it could work with this type instead of the Skippy/Jif/Peter Pan types?

23. Lynne says

Alinecia, I KNOW!!
    SO easy AND so good! Your addition of the chocolate chips sounds great!Thanks for the comment and letting me know!

Trackbacks