These Cream Cheese Christmas Sprinkle Cookies are so easy to make. No chilling or rolling the dough necessary! A cream cheese cookie dough gets rolled in sprinkles then baked for an irresistible holiday cookie.
I love soft sugar cookies, especially around the holidays–but who always has time to roll and cut out the dough, not to mention refrigerate it if need be?
These Cream Cheese Sprinkle Cookies require no rolling or cutting.
You heard me.
You can make incredible, holly-jolly cookies without once touching a cookie cutter or rolling pin.
These Christmas Sprinkle Cookies are Day 9 of our 12 Days of Cookies
Be sure to check out all of the other days for more goodies!
Day 1 – Fluffernutter Cookies
Day 2 – Toffee Coconut Oatmeal Bars
Day 3 – Double Chocolate M&M Christmas Cookies
Day 4 – Lace Cookies
Day 5 – Whipped Shortbread
Day 6 – Chocolate Spritz Cookies
Day 7 – 3 Ingredient Sugar Free PB Cookies
Day 8 – Wasabi Chocolate Crinkles
Day 9 – You’re on it!
Day 10 – Stained Glass Cookies
Day 11 – Cream Cheese Meltaways
Day 12 – Peppermint Sugar Cookie Cups
SAVE THESE EASY SPRINKLE COOKIES TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!
Cream Cheese Christmas Sprinkle Cookies look amazing fresh from the oven. Most importantly, they have a rich flavor and soft crumb, just like my original Cream Cheese Cookies.
Did I mention you don’t need to frost them either?
This is the perfect Christmas cookie recipe to make when you’re short on time (or energy! And I’m guessing there’s quite a bit of that this time of year, right?).
What do I need?
You will need the following ingredients to make our Christmas Sprinkle Cookies:
- cream cheese
- egg yolk
- sifted flour
- kosher salt
- vanilla extract
- Christmas sprinkles
How to Make Christmas Sprinkle Cookies
Start by mixing together the cream cheese and shortening. Then mix in the remaining ingredients to form a smooth dough.
Form the dough into balls and roll in sprinkles to coat. Place the cookies on a baking sheet and bake until the edges are lightly golden (about 15 minutes).
What’s the purpose of sifting the flour?
Sifting flour breaks up any clumps so your cookies have a softer, smoother consistency after baking.
It aerates the dry flour giving it a lighter texture and helps the we ingredients adhere to it better.
What kind of sprinkles are best for Christmas cookies?
You can use just about any kind of sprinkles in this easy cookie recipe! I like it best with jimmies sprinkles or nonpareils. Quins (“sequin”) sprinkles look wonderful too.
I tend to avoid super fine sprinkles like sanding sugar, as they can get absorbed into the dough while the cookies bake.
Tips and Tricks for Cream Cheese Sprinkles
- Make sure to use room temperature cream cheese and shortening.
- Let cookies cool for a couple of minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Store your homemade Christmas cookies in a tight container at room temperature.
Can I freeze these cream cheese cookies?
These are not my favorite cookies for freezing. The sprinkles tend to “bleed” their color as they thaw which changes the appearance. For a freezer friendly cookie recipe try our Peanut Butter Cookies.
Christmas Cookie Recipes
‘Tis the season for cookies, cookies and more cookies!
Our Toffee Coconut Oatmeal Cookie Bars have the perfect combination of buttery toffee and coconut flavor. If you love chocolate, bake up some Double Chocolate Peppermint Kisses or Chocolate Coconut Cookies to share around the tree.
Even more holiday cookies you’ll love . . .
- Pebernødder – a Danish Cookie
- Peppermint Blossom Cookies
- Peanut Butter Crinkle Cookies
- Peanut Butter Reindeer Cookies
- Spritz Cookies
Christmas Sprinkle Cookies make the holidays merry and bright! These super soft cookies with colorful sprinkles are the one of the easiest Christmas Cookies you’ll ever make.
Cream Cheese Christmas Sprinkle Cookies
- 3 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- ½ cup shortening
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup sifted flour
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Christmas sprinkles for rolling
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare a cookie sheet(s) by lining it with a piece of parchment.
- In a mixer, beat the cream cheese and shortening together until smooth.
- Add the sugar, egg yolk, flour, salt, and vanilla and thoroughly combine.
- Using a level tablespoon of dough or cookie scoop of the same size, form dough into a ball and roll into colored sprinkles. Place onto prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes, just until edges are lightly golden.