This Peppermint White Chocolate Mocha is the drink of the holidays. Warm up your insides on a chilly morning or night with your favorite coffee drink made with peppermint and white hot chocolate.
I don’t know about you, but when it gets to be the holidays and the peppermint flavor suddenly appears at my favorite coffee shop…
This is NOT a sponsored post – Just photographed the final recipe with the K-cups for some odd reason.
It’s game on.
And I know that the flavor is available throughout the year because I’ve had it in the warmer months.
However, peppermint and candy canes just scream holiday to me.
SAVE THIS PEPPERMINT MOCHA RECIPE TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!
I know some of you are probably saying, “Geez, Lynne, nice posting this recipe now when it’s after Christmas and the candy canes have all been eaten or have vanished from the stores with all Christmas items being discounted 50% or more!
Take a look at these other coffee drinks from me and my fellow bloggers…
Snickerdoodle Latte from House of Yumm
Caramel Brulée Coffee from Foxes Loves Lemons
S’Mores Latte from Inside BruCrew Life
Pumpkin White Chocolate Mocha Latte from Will Cook for Smiles
Slow Cooker Gingerbread Latte from The Cookie Rookie
Ah, well, candy canes and/or peppermint bits are pretty for decoration and all, but they’re really not going to make a difference in the actual drink, so don’t fret.
This drink really couldn’t be any easier, and I certainly plan on drinking it without any candy canes for quite a few weeks to come.
There have been countless times that I’ve been to a well-known-and-just-happens-to-be-on-every-street-corner coffee shop and ordered this drink.
I’m going to save me SO much money now!!
This is SO exciting!!
It’s the little things in life, right? 😉
I found a white chocolate hot cocoa mix at my local Safeway store.
I’ve seen other white chocolate mixes from Land O’Lakes in various stores and you can also find it on Amazon.
Peppermint White Chocolate Mocha
- 3 tablespoons white chocolate hot cocoa
- ⅛ - ¼ teaspoon peppermint extract depending on desired amount
- 10 ounces freshly brewed hot coffee
Mug Rim Garnish, if desired
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- crushed candy canes or peppermint bits plus additional for topping
- whipped cream if desired
Garnishing the Mug Rim
- Place the crushed candy canes or peppermint bits onto a plate.
- Place the marshmallows into a wide shallow rim bowl (wind enough to fit the mug rim) or plate and microwave for 15 - 20 seconds until soft and melted.
- Immediately dip the mug into the marshmallows, taking care to cover all edges of the rim. There may be some dangly marshmallow strands, but those can be cut with a knife or attached to the glass before adding the candy.
- Immediately dip the mug into the crushed candy cane.
- Place three tablespoons of the white chocolate hot cocoa mix into your coffee mug.
- Add the peppermint extract.
- Pour the 10 ounces of coffee into the mug and mix thoroughly.
- Top with whipped cream and additional crushed candy, if desired.
I rate everything I make on a scale of 1 -4 and this Peppermint White Chocolate Mocha earned…4 rolling pins!!
I don’t think I’ll ever need to order another one at the corner coffee shop again!
This was so darn delicious, my daughters and I couldn’t get over it and it was so pretty, too with the decorated rim!
I was in Walmart this morning and they still had plenty of candy canes for sale AND they were 50% off, so get to your store and stock up so you can enjoy this wonderful drink for months to come! OR get a head start when next winter rolls around!
If you like this Peppermint White Chocolate Mocha, then you’ll enjoy…
This recipe has been shared at the link party, Time To Sparkle #94 at Inside BruCrew Life!
Check all of the incredible recipes and ideas shared from other bloggers there!