By now I’m sure all of you, unless you’re new to 365, know how very much I love my crockpot. I really don’t know if there has ever been a greater invention. I’m kidding. I know the iPad wins in that contest hands down, but still.
Come to think of it, I think the Snuggie and that Clapper thing for the lights might have it beat, too. BUT, that crockpot is one cool kitchen gadget!
SAVE THIS DULCE DE LECHE RECIPE TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!
Ann, from The Fountain Avenue Kitchen shared this wonderful recipe she made in her crockpot, Slow Cooker Dulce De Leche and I knew I had to try it because I was thinking of something I could definitely use it for!
But I’m NOT telling.
Until tomorrow. We have to take this one step at a time. There no putting the cart before the horse on this blog. That’s not going to work. We have to go in. order. Step one comes before step two.
So, here you go, my friends… Easy peasy. I’m in love with the stuff. And I think you will be, too.
JOIN THE 365 DAYS OF BAKING AND MORE FACEBOOK GROUP TO RECEIVE ADVANCE NOTICE OF MY LIVE FB VIDEOS, SHARE RECIPES AND MORE!
Crockpot Dulce De Leche
- 2 14 oz. cans sweetened condensed milk
- 3 half pint (8 oz.) canning jars
- and the all important crockpot
- Pour the cans of condensed milk into the 3 canning jars, dividing evenly. Each jar should be practically full.
- Seal each jar tightly with a ring and lid.
- Place jars into the crock pot. Pour in enough water so that it is about 1/2-inch below the lids.
- Cook on low for 10 hours. Remove jars from water.
- It will be thick like a custard, but when stirred with a spoon, will resemble a thick caramel sauce. For an even thinner consistency, Ann suggests shortening the cooking time to about 8 hours. Store in refrigerator.
I rate everything I make on a scale of 1-4 with 4 being the best and this Crockpot Dulce De Leche earned 3 1/2 rolling pins! Oh, the things you can do with this stuff!! The possibilities are ENDLESS!! I can’t wait to share what I used it for!! Tomorrow, I promise.
I also liked to eat it out of the jar with the spoon. Ann had the great idea of eating it with some fresh apples. That was yummy, too. I will definitely be making more of this and trying it with other recipes.
Dulce de Leche Chicken, Meatloaf. Fish.
I’m kidding. I think we’ll just stick with the desserts.