Chocolate Cherry Cheesecake Bread Pudding – cubes of French bread, chunks of cream cheese, cherry pie filling and chocolate drizzle make this a dessert everyone’s sure to remember!
We have just a recipe and little dribble tonight.
I’m keeping it short because I have a hot date tonight. 😉 Ok, maybe not hot, but it’s a special night because it’s our 26h anniversary.
I honestly can’t believe these two high school sweethearts have been married that long, not that I haven’t wanted to be married this long, but it’s FLOWN!!
I shared this on my personal Facebook page today…
You still keep me laughing when I turn you down…
“You know, I see life as being full of opportunities while you see life as being full of obstacles. Right now, you’re the obstacle to my opportunity.”
And you still make me melt…
“You’re how I start my day and how I end it, nothing else in between matters.”#cuethetears
I love you.
He is and will forever be my man.
Wow, we were just babies!!
Take a look at these Chocolate Cherry Desserts from my blogger friends:
1. Chocolate Covered Cherry Brownie Bombs from Wine and Glue
2. Chocolate Chip and Cherry Blondies from Averie Cooks
3. Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookies from Love Grows Wild
4. Dark Chocolate Cherry Brownies from Dessert Now, Dinner Later
5. Dark Chocolate Cherry Smoothie from A Cedar Spoon
If you want to make a weekend breakfast really super special, make this and watch everyone’s eyes pop! You can call it Chocolate Cherry Cheesecake Baked French Toast!
I would have called it a baked French toast, but I’m thinking it’s a bit too rich, but feel free to make it so.
JOIN THE 365 DAYS OF BAKING AND MORE FACEBOOK GROUP TO RECEIVE ADVANCE NOTICE OF MY LIVE FB VIDEOS, SHARE RECIPES AND MORE!
- 1 loaf French Bread cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 30- ounce can cherry pie filling
- 2 8- ounce packages cream cheese
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Prepare a 9 X 13-inch baking dish by spraying it with cooking spray.
- Place half of the bread cubes into the prepared baking dish.
- Slice each of the cream cheese packages so that you have 12 cubes.
- Evenly distribute one package of the 12 cubes among the bread cubes.
- Spread half of the cherry pie filling over the bread and cream cheese.
- Top with the remaining bread cubes and dot with the second package of the cream cheese cubes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, cream, sugar and vanilla.
- Evenly pour mixture over the contents in the baking dish.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place into refrigerator to sit for at least two hours to overnight.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Uncover the baking dish and spread the remaining cherry pie filling over the bread and cream cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 45 – 55 minutes. 45 minutes will give you a softer, slightly unfinished middle whereas 55 minutes will be firmer.
- In a microwavable safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips for 30 seconds, stir and then microwave for 10 seconds more if needed for chocolate to be smooth.
- Drizzle chocolate over the bread pudding while in the baking dish and then serve.
If you like this Chocolate Cherry Cheesecake Bread Pudding or Chocolate Cherry Cheesecake Baked French Toast 😉 then you’ll love…