N0-Bake Energy Bites – oats, almonds, flax seed, honey, dried cranberries, almonds, and peanut butter make these health bites a great pick me up. They’re perfect for after-school or for an energy snack before and after your hike with a friend!
Do you have trouble finding the time to exercise?
Or rather should I say, making the time to exercise?
Now hear me out before you get all defensive. Don’t stop reading or close the window! I’m here to help you and I’m just saying this because, for me, it’s definitely the latter.
I have so much trouble making the time to get my butt off the couch to do some sort of aerobic activity. It’s just so much easier to sit and say, “oh, I’ll go tomorrow” or “after I scroll through my newsfeed on Facebook and then check my email”. Yeah, right.
I am well aware how checking one thing on the computer can send you on a completely different tangent and before you know it, three hours have passed, it’s dark outside and then the masses are asking for dinner. I speak completely from experience, of course.
So, I’m sitting here thinking that it might just be the same way for you. I know many of you are busy, busy, busy, and I certainly don’t discredit that.
We’re moms, we have jobs, and our families depend on us to run the home, in addition to transporting Junior hither and yon to activities. Did you know, that on average moms only spends 15 minutes, YES, just 15 minutes a day on themselves!
You deserve so much more than that – time for yourself and time to socialize with your friends, and it’s OKAY to take care of yourself because if you don’t you won’t have anything left for anyone else.
Listen, I’m not calling you out here, I’m just bringing it to your attention that there is a way to take care of you and it’s important. YOU are important! Socializing with your friends will be so much more fun while you BOTH are getting into shape in a very affordable way.
It’s easy, it’s fun, you’ll gab and laugh (who knows, maybe you’ll cry a little bit, too and it will be therapeutic), your heart will be pumping in the process AND you’ll be motivating each other!
The Omron Alvita Wireless Activity Tracker (HJ-327T) is easy to use. It is their most advanced tracker yet and is petite yet powerful. It can clip right onto your shirt or you can store it in your pocket (just remember to take it out before you do your wash!).
This allows you to transfer your fitness data wirelessly to your smartphone with their free Omron Fitness App. Featuring Bluetooth® Smart technology, the Alvita Wireless Tracker records regular steps, aerobic steps, distance, and calories burned so you can set realistic goals and check progress along the way! With the free Omron Fitness mobile app, you can transfer your
- Wirelessly upload and store months of data
- View progress charts and graphs
- Set personal goals related to steps, miles, and calories
For those of you who want an expanded look at your fitness trends over time, you can also sign up for a free account at Omron Wellness.com where you can:
- Download and share fitness activity from your personal dashboard
- Participate in fitness and other health challenges
- Easily view data on a mobile device or PC
- The website syncs with the Alvita and their new line of connected blood pressure monitors where you can analyze your data, set goals and track your health progress
What are you waiting for? Let’s do this together!!
I also figure if I’m going to be exercising I’m going to need something to fuel my body, right? I found these No Bake Energy Bites over at Gimme Some Oven a few years ago.
I’ve made them before and they were such a huge hit with the family that they’ve asked for them again and again and well, you get the picture. They make a great snack for your walks and of course, be sure that you always stay hydrated, taking plenty of water with you!
No Bake Energy Bites
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- ⅔ cup toasted coconut
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup flax seed meal
- ⅓ cup slivered almonds chopped
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries I used the Reduced Sugar Craisins, chopped
- ⅓ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Place all ingredients into a bowl. That's right, all of them.
- With a rubber spatula, make sure everything is mixed together really well.
- Now, here you can begin to roll it into 1-inch balls with your hands if you don't mind a bit of a sticky mess OR you can place the bowl into the fridge for about 15 minutes to set before you roll.
- Once rolled, you will have about 20 energy bites depending on how large or small you made them.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They are best when eaten cold.
Did you make this recipe?
Share it with me on Instagram and make sure to follow me on Pinterest for more recipes.
On our walks and hikes, we’ll be exploring the Valley of the Sun and seeing all the beauty it has to offer! I’m excited!
Where will you be going on your walks? Tell me about your favorite place to go and share with us using #WalkOutWednesdays on the Omron Fitness Facebook page!
Comments submitted may be displayed on other websites owned by the sponsoring brand.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Omron. The opinions and text are all mine.