SAVE THIS GRILLED MARGHERITA PIZZA TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!
Grilled Margherita Pizza
- 1 3/4-2 ¼ cups flour
- 1 envelope Fleischmann’s Pizza Crust Yeas
- 1 ½ teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ¾ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup very warm water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3-4 tablespoons canola oil for brushing
- 8 oz. fresh buffalo mozzarella, sliced thin
- ½ cup fresh whole basil leaves
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced
- olive oil for drizzling
- In a large bowl, combine 1 cup of flour, yeast, sugar, oregano, garlic powder, and salt.
- Add water and olive oil. Mix ingredients together with a wooden spoon until combined. About 1 minute.
- Gradually add a 1/2 cup of flour at a time until the dough forms into a soft ball. It will be slightly sticky, but add additional flour if needed.
- Preheat the grill to medium.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surfaced and knead for about 4 minutes, or until smooth and elastic, adding additional flour if necessary.
- Cut dough in half and form into two circles about 6 inches in diameter. Place each dough circle on a flat baking sheet or a pizza stone to transfer it to the grill.
- Brush the tops of the dough with canola oil.
- Carefully flip or place the pizza dough, canola side down, onto the grill. Brush the top with the remaining canola oil.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes, or until bottom is cooked and grill marks are present.
- With two large spatulas, flip the dough over to cook. Place sliced tomatoes, basil, and mozzarella over the dough. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Cover again for another 5 minutes, or until crust is grilled and cheese is melted. Transfer to baking sheets to slice.
If pizza isn’t your thing, try out these other 365 favorites!