Yes, I know today is Sunday and not really Saturday, but I was unable to get to a computer to post this yesterday. So, here it is.
But before I start, I just have to share something with you all.
The other day I was blessed to be given the Sunshine Award by not just one, but TWO of my very good blogger friends.
It is an honor and very flattering to receive this from them both.
Thank you, Joan of Chocolate, Chocolate, and More Chocolate, and Sara of My Imperfect Kitchen!! I love you ladies and am very grateful for this gift! It is such an honor to be thought so highly of by your peers.
The Sunshine Award is given to bloggers by other bloggers and the recipients are “bloggers who creatively and positively inspire others in the blogosphere”. The way the award works is this: Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them. Answer 10 questions about yourself. Select 10 of your favorite bloggers, link their blogs to your post and let them know they have been awarded the Sunshine Award! Don’t forget to copy and paste the award on your blog!
On to the questions so you can all learn a little bit more about me and then I’ll let you know who I picked!
10. Favorite Flowers – Lilacs. The smell brings me back to when I was little, living in Lombard, Illinois, the “Lilac Capital of the World”. There is a beautiful park near the library that smelled absolutely incredible when all of the lilacs were in bloom. Every year there was a Lilac Parade, too. They also remind me of the bush we had in the backyard of our old house in Rhode Island. Those flowers always remind me of Spring and the beautiful weather yet to come.
I could happily pass this award on to so many of my fellow bloggers because they each have something unique and interesting to share, but these are the ones receiving my vote today. Please check them out and congratulate them on a job well done!!
Here’s a word for you – Cantabananberry.
See if you can figure out what the ingredients are based on the name and the picture.
It’s not that difficult, really.
A simple smoothie to help you cool off in this summer heat. Quick, easy and delicious. Seems to be the motto around here lately. haha
Cantabananaberry Smoothie – serves 1 if you want to drink the WHOLE thing or 2 smaller sizes
(I drank it all by myself, I did!)
1 banana sliced
1 cup cubed cantaloupe
1 cup frozen strawberries (about 10)
1/2 cup milk
1 tablespoon flaxseed meal
Put all ingredients into a blender and mix until smooth.
Pour into a serving glass or glasses.
Or just drink it straight from the blender.
Comments & Reviews
Carolina HeartStrings says
It was fun finding out more about you! Happy pending birthday too!
Della Rose says
I will be making this Smoothie, great fruit combination! And thank you so much for the award! Such an honor, truly! xoxo
the actor's diet says
a smoothie with cantaloupe? YES! thanks so much for the honor!
Carrie's Experimental Kitchen says
Thank you so much for passing this award on to me. I’m leaving for vaca for a few weeks so I’ll post my answers here. We have quite a few things in common 🙂
1. Favorite color: Black
2. Favorite animal: In the living, dogs; however, I collect elephant statues (something my Grandfather collected before he passed away and I continued his collection)
3. Favorite number: 3
4. Favorite drink: Non Alcoholic: Water Alcohol: Red wine (there’s a shocker!)
5. Facebook or Twitter: Facebook. Facebook, though I’m growing increasingly agitated with all of the new changes they’ve made to Pages, so I’m trying to use Twitter and Pinterest more.
6. Good Book or a Good Movie: Book
7. My Passion: Definitely my family
8. Giving or getting presents: I personally would rather give presents than receive them. I didn’t grow up with a lot, so now that I’m in a place in my life where I can afford to give back, I do so wherever possible.
9. Favorite day of the year: Thanksgiving
10. Favorite flowers: I love the smell of lilacs but there’s nothing like fresh, colorful Gerber Daisies or Sunflowers on my kitchen table
Oh, and that smoothie sounds delicious!!! xo
Carrie's Experimental Kitchen says
Oh and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! 🙂
Congratulations on the award Lynn. You definitely deserve it. I always love coming to your blog. You are so much fun to read and your recipes always make me drool…or maybe that’s Sadie who’s doing most of the drooling. Thank you so much for passing on the award to me. 🙂 Big hugs. PS. I love aubergine as well, but I would have just said purple…but your description is actually more on the money. Happy almost birthday!
Love the look of this smoothie! I bet it would make a great summer cocktail with a splash of vodka, too!