This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
Barbecue Chicken Salad Crescent Ring and dinner for under $20 with Kraft – a delicious new twist on a chicken salad sandwich! Kraft Barbecue Sauce adds some great flavor to an already tasty chicken salad. Velveeta shredded cheese is sprinkled on top and all of it is wrapped in crescent rolls for a fun presentation at the dinner table. Simple dinners can be very tasty and Kraft can help provide you with products for budget friendly meals!
Making a delicious dinner that’s easy on the budget can be a challenge for many people.
On the 1st and 15th of every month there are bills to pay – mortgage or rent, utilities that we find it hard to live without , not to mention kids to clothe and of course, gas that keeps increasing in price. Yet the latter is a necessity if we want to make it to work to pay for all of these things, right?
I know it isn’t easy or even fun for that matter living from paycheck to paycheck – been there, done that and it is still challenging at times. However, it’s great to know that I can go to a store, save money when I’m buying groceries and still feel pleased about what I’m feeding my family. And a huge plus is that they like what they’re eating!
Because the end of the month is upon us and bills are due, I wanted to see what kind of dinner I could create for under $20 and if it could be done. #RollIntoSavings #CollectiveBias
Time for Lynne to be resourceful!
And you know what, it can be done – there were even leftovers for lunch the next day!
I was shopping at Walmart for some household necessities and found all of the Kraft ingredients I needed to make this meal. They were even on rollback!
What a spread!
We had a great assortment for this low budget meal! Our entree was the Barbecue Chicken Salad Crescent Ring for which I used Kraft Original Barbecue Sauce, Kraft Mayo and Velveeta Shredded Cheese. For our side dishes we had Macaroni and Cheese with Broccoli, and fresh veggies.
I mixed chopped fresh broccoli with Kraft Macaroni & Cheese Dinner Deluxe – Four Cheese, and I also cut up fresh carrots, red pepper and cucumber, serving it with Kraft Ranch Dressing to dip them in.
It was a hit and something they want me to make again!
SAVE THIS BARBECUE CHICKEN SALAD RECIPE TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!
Let’s go through the steps to help with the construction of the crescent ring, shall we?
It sounds so “official and formal”. haha
First, prepare the chicken salad.
Begin making the ring by placing four crescent rolls with the widest ends at the bottom so that they form the beginning of a circle that is 5-inches in diameter.
You can use a pizza stone or baking sheet, but just make sure your kitchen counter is clean because the points of the rolls will hang off the edge slightly.
Next, lay the remaining crescent rolls with the widest ends in the middle and the points facing out until a complete circle is formed.
Great job, keep it up!
Now with an ice cream scoop if you have it, evenly place the chicken salad around inner part of the circle, the widest part. You can also use a spoon to do this.
Sprinkle 2/3 cup Velveeta Shredded Cheese over the barbecue chicken salad.
Gently fold the points of the crescents up and over the salad, tucking them under the dough in the middle.
Sprinkle with remaining 1/3 cup Velveeta Shredded Cheese.
You’ll notice that the dough won’t completely cover the filling, but don’t worry, it will expand over it quite nicely as it bakes.
Bake for 20 – 25 minutes until the ring is golden.
~ FOLLOW ME ~
~ FACEBOOK ~ PINTEREST ~
~ INSTAGRAM ~ TWITTER ~
SIGN UP FOR THE WEEKLY
365 DAYS OF BAKING & MORE
WEEKLY NEWSLETTER BELOW!
Barbecue Chicken Salad Crescent Ring
Barbecue Chicken Salad Ring
- 2 cups cooked chicken seasoned lightly with salt and pepper shredded (I used 1 large chicken breast)
- ⅓ cup Kraft Mayo
- ¼ cup minced red onion
- ¼ cup diced celery
- 3 tablespoons Kraft Original BBQ Sauce
- 2 8- ounce packages crescent rolls
- 1 cup Velveeta Shredded Cheese divided
Broccoli Macaroni & Cheese
- 1 package Kraft Macaroni & Cheese Dinner Deluxe Original Four Cheese
- 1 cup chopped raw broccoli
- 1 cucumber sliced
- 1 red pepper sliced
- 3 carrots sliced
- 1 cup Kraft Ranch Dressing for dipping
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine shredded chicken, Kraft Mayo, red onion, celery,and Kraft Original Barbecue Sauce and mix well.
- Unwrap the crescent rolls and separate into individual pieces. Place on a plate.
- On a baking sheet or pizza stone, place 4 pieces of dough with the wide ends closest to each other so that they begin to form a ring which will be 5 inches in diameter.
- Continue laying rolls with the wide ends overlapping in the center so that a circle is formed with all of the points of the crescents pointing out.
- Using an ice cream scoop for ease of dispensing, evenly place the chicken salad around the circle on the wide ends of the triangles.
- Sprinkle with 2/3 cup Velveeta Shredded Cheese.
- Gently fold outside points of the crescents up and over the chicken salad and tuck them under the dough in the center. Note that the filling will not be completely covered when you do this, but the rolls will expand as it bakes.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1/3 cup of Velveeta Shredded Cheese over the top of the ring.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden.
Broccoli Macaroni & Cheese
- Prepare the package of Kraft Macaroni & Cheese according to manufacturer's directions.
- Add chopped broccoli and mix well.
- Place sliced cucumber, red pepper and carrots on a plate.
- Serve with Kraft Ranch Dressing.
Did you make this recipe?
Share it with me on Instagram and make sure to follow me on Pinterest for more recipes.
The Broccoli Macaroni & Cheese…
I rate everything I make on a scale of 1 -4 with 4 being the best and this Barbecue Chicken Salad Crescent Ring earned 3 1/2 rolling pins.
It was pretty easy, delicious and a fun dinner to eat.
Besides, it’s much more fun to dip veggies in dressing, isn’t it?
Comments & Reviews
This looks so delicious! I’ve never made a crescent ring before, but now I am definitely going to have to do so. Yum! And I love how you can make it on the cheap with the Kraft items on Rollback at Walmart – even better. #client
Can we use another type of Mac and cheese?