Aloha Sloppy Sliders – these mini Sloppy Joes with the taste of the Hawaiian islands will be perfect for your next part or Game Day get together. They’re fun for the kids, too!
Leia’s with us again!
Hi there, Leia from Eat It & Say Yum, here. 🙂 My kiddos absolutely gobbled up this sliders version of sloppy joes. These Sloppy Joe Sliders have a little Hawaiian flare. They are easy to make, and super tasty.
I brown my ground beef in a large pan, and add some diced bell pepper and onion. The seasonings and sauce ingredients make for a really flavorful meat filling, that is also nice and moist. To give these that Hawaiian flare, I add pineapple juice to the meat mixture. And I serve these on our favorite Hawaiian rolls.
You can easily whip these up for dinner or serve as an appetizer/ finger food at your next party. Can you say ‘perfect football food?’ Yep.
Plus, if you have leftovers, you can save the rest in the fridge or even freeze the remaining filling for another time. The recipe makes a good amount, but you can cut the ingredients in half if you want a smaller batch.
Aloha Sloppy Sliders
- 2 lbs ground beef- or half ground beef and half ground pork
- 1 sweet bell pepper- diced
- 1 onion- diced
- 1 Tbs chili powder
- 2 Tbs brown sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 2 cups ketchup
- 6 oz. pineapple juice
- 1 Tbs vinegar
- Hawaiian rolls
- In a large pan, over medium- high heat, brown the ground beef (or beef and pork). When meat is almost cooked through, add the diced bell pepper and onion. Stir to cook evenly.
- Add the chili powder, brown sugar, salt, pepper, ketchup, pineapple juice, and vinegar. Stir to combine everything, then let the mixture simmer on low for 15 minutes- or more, covered with a lid.
- Slice Hawaiian rolls open, spoon the sloppy joe mixture onto the roll and cover with the top half of the roll. Serve immediately.
- Store leftover filling in the fridge for up to 10 days, or freeze.
Did you make this recipe?
Share it with me on Instagram and make sure to follow me on Pinterest for more recipes.
Click here to see my other posts on 365 Days of Baking and More.
FACEBOOK ~TWITTER ~ PINTEREST ~ INSTAGRAM
More to love from Eat It & Say Yum:
Leave A Reply!